- Start by turning the reader on by pressing the power button the side of the unit.
- Next, you'll need to download and open the Payment for Stripe app.
- Navigate to the Settings menu by pressing the gear in the upper left hand corner.
- Navigate to the Connected Card Readers section. Wait for the screen to load.
- Press the card reader that matches the Serial Number on the back of the card reader. The app will attempt to connect to the reader.
NOTE: if you do not receive this message, the card reader is NOT connected.
- Enter an amount, and press Next. If the card reader is connected, you will be prompted to interact with the card reader device:
- If you'd like to add a Customer to the charge, or setup as a Pre-authorization only, you can cancel this dialog. To bring up the card reader dialog again, you can simply press the icon on the card view.
Alternatively, you can also manually input the card number.
Article is closed for comments.